Saturday, November 16, 2013

a pocketful of journaling...



Let's play
"what's in my Linnie Blooms canvas flourish pocket"...
You can't probably guess from this first picture, but maybe this next one will give you a hint.

 
Did you guess secret journaling?  Ding-Ding-Ding...you are right!
Earlier this month, on my blog, I discussed my new adventure into an art journal...you can check it out here.  I have never done anything like this before, and I must admit, it is quite addicting (like I need another crafty addiction!).
 
 
 
The Linnie Blooms "mixed stitch canvas book" is what drew me in.  I saw one in the "real" Linnie Blooms store when I was there this summer and I knew it was something I wanted to try.  You can see it on the online store here.
 
 
So, I am creating an art journal inspired by songs I love. This page happens to be a "church song", but believe, me I will be covering all sorts of music by the time this book is done. This song, "You are Mine" has a very special place in my heart because it came to me during a very difficult time. The story is one that I don't want to share with everyone, so this Linnie Blooms canvas flourish pocket is a perfect "secret keeper".
 
To create the pages, I covered them sloppily, or should I say "creatively" in white and then metallic gold acrylic paint.  I added some gold glitter gel, a pearl embellishment, some doilies die cuts (Sizzix decorative doily), lace, patterned paper, and fabric scraps.  I attached and covered all of these additions with Mod Podge.
 
For the pocket, I used a stencil from Crafter's Workshop, and then spritzed my own mixture of gold metallic acrylic paint, Create a Shade Pearl Paint from Close to My Heart, and water to get the design.  The color is subtle, but still has enough contrast to really stand out.  I used Fireline, (which is really thin beading wire), to string on a few seed beads (clear, silver, and irridescent white) to embellish and create a border around the pocket.  The pocket is attached to the journaling page with a delicate pearl pin from Maya Road.
 
So, what are you going to put in your Linnie Blooms Canvas Flourish Pocket? You can shop here for one, and then  please share--we'd love to see your creations!




 
 






1 comment: