Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Leaves you DON'T have to rake!


It's time to stop and smell the leaves.
It's also time to stop and shovel the leaves. So many have fallen in the last few days, that I can't even see my driveway. I'm not complaining, because I would much rather shovel leaves than snow. That white stuff will be here soon enough.
 


Today, I'm bringing the leaves indoors too. I'm adding another season to my Four Seasons project with the Linnie Blooms canvas long blanks. Linda has been adding new shapes, and these Linnie Blooms leaves absorbed the color from Distress Inks and Distress Stains so vividly. I stamped a subtle swirl pattern on top too. I used hot glue to attach my leaves to the wire stem and canvas long blank so that I could "sculpt" some shape into the leaves. Using a hot glue allowed me to push, raise, and wrinkle the leaves to give them even more texture and dimension.

 



With mason jars a hot trend right now, I traced one onto vellum paper from clip art I found online. Once again, I painted a chevron background by taping off the pattern with Scotch blue painter's tape (my new love). There is also some twine and wire in there too.
I didn't want to overwhelm this canvas...sometimes it's hard for me to tell myself to "STOP ADDING MORE ITEMS". But, I'm happy where I stopped with this one.
Autumn is a second spring,
and I am taking time to recognize each leaf as a flower.



Pin It

**Remember... I have a SUPER discount code for you. If you want to place an order at Linnie Blooms online store, you can shop here... http://lindabarutha.com/shop/. Use the code LB2013KS and you will get 10% off your order. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment