Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Suits You to a Tea

Suits You to a Tea ~ A Linnie Bloom Project


Suits You to a Tea
A few weeks ago, I was asked to continue as a Linnie Blooms Design Team member for another 2 months. I am thrilled to be part of this creative group and look forward to all the sharing of ideas with these wonderful ladies.

Linnie Blooms Flourish Canvas Shape
This little thank you gift started with a Linnie Blooms Flouish canvas shape, a cute little pocket to fill with goodies and notes. I thought it would be nice to tuck some tea packets inside.
I went through my stash of arts and crafts supplies and had everything on hand. Being a mixed media artist sure does come in handy sometimes!  ; )
Starting with some Shiva Artist’s Paint Sticks in burnt sienna & yellow ochre, I quickly colored in the front and back of the flourish canvas shape. I used aTsukineko Fantastix coloring tool to blend the color around evenly. I drew in an accent line around the frilly flap in burnt sienna and blended that to soften it. I let the paint dry a bit before I did any more work on this project. (I think I went and made myself a cup of tea…)

Flourish canvas shape close up
Next I used a Krylon 18KT Gold leafing pen to highlight the accent line and give it a bit of sparkle. I also outlined the flap with some Crayola Glitter glue in gold and let it dry again. I had an older package of Amscan Memeory Kits – Heritage paper items that suited my color scheme very well. I used one of the stickers and placed it on the front of the flap after adding some extra glue stick to it first.

decorated tea packages
I also used some of the papers and stickers from this kit to decorate the tea packages. A bit more of the glitter glue added just a little bling to dress them up.
Next I wrote a little thank you note to tuck inside of the flourish shape which also came from the Heritage papers. It was so nice to have so many pretty papers to choose from. Sometimes it really pays off to purchase these scrapbook kits for projects like this.

litte thank you note
I think this will make a nice thank you gift. Taking a few moments to pull together these simple things and dressing them up a little means so much to the recipient. They have become a special little gift that can really brighten up someone’s day.

Suits You to a Tea
I hope this little project inspires you to get creative with your giving. Come back soon to see my next Linnie Blooms project.
Happy creating!
Linda Kay

2 comments:

  1. Love it Linda!! So creative!! What a great little gift idea!! I want to make them for my daughter's teachers!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are fun, easy and just perfect for a little gift. Have fun and I am sure your daughter's teacher will enjoy it. ~ I hope your daughter can help with this project too!

      Delete