Monday, June 30, 2014

Celebrate Graduation using Linnie Blooms


Hi Bev here today... I needed a card for my Grand Daughters grade 5 Graduation as 
she heads of to middle school which is grades 6-8. Isn't that exciting.
Well I wanted something bright, fun and different to share with her on this special day.
Starting with the Linnie Blooms butterfly stencil I traced a butterfly and cut it out of white 
cardstock just slightly small than the base card size. I matted it with some fun bright and 
cute print paper from Simple Stories DIY Boutique which I then 
zigzag stitched around the outer edges.
I added a base border for a pop of colour.
I matted the whole thing again.
Tracing another butterfly from a darker floral print I accordian folded 
it and tied it off with twine... also added a twine flight path from the other butterfly.
The sentiment, small butterfly and "you did it" are SRM stickers.
Really quit simple but cute and she'll love the butterflies and
of course it's even more special when I custom make cards for them to keep.

*************************
And while I was making butterflies from the stencils I created this 
fab, fun and bright page using my newest paper line.


These super cute butterflies are so versitile and suit so many projects.. and so easy to make.
The butterfly added to the cluster is a perfect touch on this page... be sure to make
some of these yourself... you'll love them.

Simple Stories DIY Boutique papers
MME Now and Then Dorothy Celebrate chipboard
MME Now and Then Dorothy Pretty brads
Ink: Tim Holtz Ranger
Sew Easy Ink Roller
Homemade varugated butterfly accent
Other: Punch, twine, Punchinella,stitching

Thanks for popping by.. come again soon.

Photobucket

5 comments:

  1. Oh my heavens Bev, this is adorable! Love the stitching and fun layout (on both) Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the stitching and fun layout! Gorgeous projects! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two amazing projects, Bev. I really admire (envy...just a tad) your stitching skills! Beautifully done!!

    ReplyDelete