Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Sympathy

Karen N here from Craftily Yours.  I learned a couple days ago that a sweet co-worker's mom passed away, so today's post highlights the sympathy card I made for her.

I used on of the Linnie Blooms canvas shapes and inked it up with Tim Holtz Broken China and Sapphire distress inks.  I was going to try to make a flower out of it.....but I decided instead to cut it out to add a "frame" around the image (which is from Unity Stamp Company {may hope sustain you}).  I love the extra texture that the canvas brings to my cards.  The image is colored with Tim Holtz distress watercolors, and the patterned paper is from Carta Bella So Noted.



Thanks so much for stopping by today.  Before you go, be sure to check out:

Linnie Blooms Catalog/Shop  

Craftily yours,

Karen

4 comments:

  1. On my heavens, Karen is so pretty! Love all the textures and colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry for your friends loss. It's always hard making these kind of cards, but yours is absolutely beautiful, Karen. I'm sure it will bring her much comfort, especially knowing you took time to make this for her. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful colouring and details... perfect for a sympathy card

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a beautiful sympathy card and I'm sorry for your friends loss. Making these types of cards are always hard to do.

    ReplyDelete