Friday, October 2, 2015

Boo-Halloween Mini

First of all thanks so much to Linda for giving me the opportunity to be on her team! I love all things inky & playing with canvas is the perfect setting to create some awesome fun. Linnie Blooms carries all kinds of great products just waiting for some color! For my first post and with the spooky holiday just around the corner I made a cute Halloween Mini. 
I started with one mini file folder and the very cute owl. Using flexible modeling paste and stencils to create background texture set the theme. Glimmer Mist loves canvas. When the paste was dry I covered my crackley moon using a cut out & spritzed on a few different purples to color the background. Once that was dry, it was easy to add orange sprays to the moon area. Keeping the colors separate helps prevent that muddy look.
Inside my book, after my spray was dry, I decoupaged an owl cut out from a paper napkin. Adding some stamping using archival ink gave the pages a little flair.
 
The inside of the book is simply cutting 4 or 5 pieces of Halloween paper, placing them inside each other to make a booklet. Mark 1" from edge in the center at the top & bottom, punch a small hole in the paper and the file folder.With a piece of hemp, ribbon or waxed linen, thread from the inside of the book to the outside bringing the pieces together.
Tie a knot at the top of the book leaving enough thread to add charms and beads. The cute owl is colored with glimmer mist and once dry, simple features are drawn in using signo gel pens. Coloring the bricks and moon with glimmer glam adds a shimmery shine and helps the bricks pop. Finally adding a cute ribbon through a cut in the file tab, creates an easy closure.
 I hope you enjoyed this tutorial- see you next month!!! Happy creating. Karen

6 comments: